Friday, April 25, 2008

feeling green

And I don't mean the cool, let's-save-the-earth type green, nor the green-with-envy type green. I am talking the unpleasant, physically painful, am-I-going-to-live-to-see-the-end-of-this, puking type green.

Last night Joel had to go to the Toronto airport to meet a hockey team (the Canadian Juniors? Under 18? Just won gold? Something like that...I don't follow hockey news at all) that was returning home from Russia. It was for his job...he works at a local newspaper and two of the hockey players are from our town, so the paper wanted coverage on this home-coming event. I decided to come along for the ride. At the time I was feeling blue, not green, and the thought of spending the night by myself, lonely and with my own gloomy thoughts seemed really depressing, so I opted for the excursion.

Well, not even an hour after we left, I started getting the most horrendous stomach pains ever. Then I started breaking out into chills and a cold sweat. By the time we got to the airport I was feeling light headed and horribly, horribly ill, and there was nothing to do but sit around in one of those uncomfortable airport chairs and wait until the Canadian Juniors got their act together and got off the plane, which took an hour. Then it was another hour of interviewing and picture taking before finally we were able to leave. I just made it out the doors of the airport and into the parking lot when I threw up, which is never fun. It's even less fun when you're in a public place and 3 hours from home.

The ride home was terrible, and felt about a day longer than it usually does. We got back at about 12:30 a.m. I had a crappy sleep last night and had to call in sick for work today (I hate doing that) and I've spent the whole day in bed feeling severely unwell.

Crappy, crappy, crappy, crappy, crappy!!!!

At least you can't catch germs over the internet.

No comments: