Thursday, April 03, 2008

excuses, excuses

So, I had this grand scheme that I was keeping to myself (for fear of blowing it too soon) that involved writing some type of blog post every day. Well, you may have noticed that that went out the window yesterday, so I am going to use today's blog post to tell you why that happened. It is straightforward. It is simple. And it lent itself to a really frustrating evening.

I had to work yesterday, but the day went well and I got home at about 3:00. I unlocked the door to my apartment, I put away my keys, and I summoned my beloved Midnight Dog. We went outside, and about five minutes later as we went to go back inside, I realized that I had somehow managed to lock the door again on my way out. The difference this time, of course, being that my keys were still inside the apartment. It took me about ten minutes of twisting the doorknob, pounding on the door and finicking with the window before I accepted the fact that I was really locked out, and hadn't just lost the ability to open doors.

I used my scarf to tie up Penny and then I went searching for a phone. Of course, despite our building being filled with people who are essentially unemployed, no one was home at this particular moment. I walked to Joel's office and tried calling my mom. She wasn't home. I tried to track down the landlord's phone # and I couldn't find it. I was beginning to lose hope. Joel did have his car keys, however, so I walked back home and picked up the car and Penny. Penny, who usually is great in the car decided that this would be a good day to bark the whole time the vehicle was moving. When I arrived back to Joel's office, I was frazzled and even more frustrated and the last thing I was thinking about was my two-day-old resolution to write on my blog every day.

To jump to the end (since I know you are all dying to know), I ran into my Mom in town (my first stroke of luck in hours) and went home with her. I tracked down the landlords number, but couldn't get a hold of her. So, we finally ended up having to break the door. Now the door not only doesn't lock, it also looks like it's about to fall apart at any minute. But hey, at least we get to go inside, now, right?

Anyway, this whole ordeal lasted until about 9:30 last night. By the time we got home and got inside, I was tired and teetering on grumpy, so I decided to save blogging (and the whole story) for today.

I guess the secret's out though...yes, I will try to blog every day or at least almost every day. Keeping in mind, of course, that there will always be days that will just be exceptions.

1 comment:

Christopher said...

Well, that's a pretty valid excuse, I suppose ...

Anyway, I'm very much looking forward to reading new posts, however frequent they may be (and, of course, the more frequent the better!).

But now I must return to cleaning. I will write again soon!