Tuesday, May 20, 2008

five things

Here are five things that I am happy about right now!

1. My goldfish plant

Christopher gave me this plant last Christmas, and for the past five months it has been green and leafy and healthy, but never showed much in the way of goldfish. In the past week, though, these two beautiful little fishies have suddenly emerged, and today the rest of the plant became covered in buds. Give it some time, and I'll have my own bright orange school of flowery goldfish!

2. Movies
Joel and I went to see Iron Man yesterday and it was SO GOOD...perhaps my new favourite superhero/comic book movie?? It's hard to say, but one thing is for sure: I loved every moment of it!

I also rented a bunch of movies this weekend because it was cold and rainy and I didn't feel like doing anything else. Therefore, I also feel the need to recommend Wristcutters, Once, and, my personal fave, Death at a Funeral. It's been three days now, and I still laugh when I think about it.

3. Painting

I have a new, blank canvas, and tonight I am going to start painting on it. I'm really excited. I know I've said it before, but it still blows me away how much FUN painting is for me. Yay!

Don't worry...as lovely as George Seurat's painting is, I'll come up with my own ideas.

4. Food

The little indoor tomato plant I told you about has started producing sweet, delicious little cherry tomatoes. It makes it feel like the middle of summer, when in reality it is STILL unseasonably cold outside. Oh, for warm days and home-grown food...mmmm

5. Anne of Green Gables

This was my absolute, #1, beyond a shadow of a doubt, with no comparison, FAVOURITE book EVER when I was a kid. I read it and re-read it a couple times back then, but I haven't really looked at it since the obsession wore off. I put it on my reading list for 2008 because this year marks 100 years since Anne of Green Gables was originally published, and I figured there was no better occasion than a 100th anniversary to revisit an old favourite.

What can I say...I opened the cover and read the first page and felt myself falling in love with it again. I love this book. I still do. And it's kind of cool to discover sometimes that these kinds of things don't actually change that much.

1 comment:

Christopher said...

What a lovely post! It made me very happy for you! I'm glad to hear that the goldfish are finally starting to make an appearance!

I agree about "Iron Man" - it was a fantastically good film. I'm not familiar with "Wristcutters" or "Once", but I'll definitely look them up, and I really want to see "Death At A Funeral", too! Have you had a chance to see the new Indiana Jones movie yet? It's flipping awesome, in my humble opinion. It felt like ... well, like seeing an Indiana Jones movie for the first time again!

I'm very excited to see what you come up with for your new canvas, your tomatoes look delicious, and it's awesome that Anne of Green Gables is still all that it once was!

I'll try calling again sometime this week (and maybe, just maybe, we won't be cut off midsentence this time)!