Saturday, September 29, 2007

my first-ever blog fashion show

Check it out!

and

yes, it is me kicking mass-produced corporate ass with my one of a kind hand knit socks. And because Penny is also very socially conscientious and wanted to get in on the don't-buy-what-you-can-make-yourself movement, I made her a little something as well (she couldn't quite do it herself, do to a lack of opposable thumbs - an important aspect of knitting). Everywhere we go, the other dogs stop and stare, and I know they're thinking, "Maybe I should stand up for something, too."

I am pretty happy with both projects...this was the first pair of socks I've ever made and they turned out well. They didn't take very long to make, either, which is always a big bonus (sitting on a Disney movie set for three days really helped in the "time to knit" department, but that's a story for another moment). I am, however, particularly pleased with the collar because it's the first knitting project I designed myself. It turned out awesome. Penny and I both feel that it brings out her natural flair for style. It also kicks off something I've really wanted to do for a long time: design and create my own clothes and accessories, for myself and others, people and animals alike.

My friends, we have entered a new era.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

cool socks!